Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Daydreams...

It took awhile for me to get my groove back but as I held each brush I felt this guilty pleasure- like I am having an affair with irises ;-) no one knows I'm here, pouring paint down the canvas, translating petals one by one- I went out and bought bouquets of star gazer lilies, irises, hydrangea, gerbera daisies, delphinium, and beautiful hybrid deep coral colored lilies all waiting to be painted, fragrant. Their heady scent fills my little corner of the world- paint us before we perish. I've noticed how as the flower fades it's truest colors are revealed and the blooms arch and loop into the shape they seem to have been born to be- and I wonder if we are all like those blooms. if we get to our truth.

1 comment:

Simply Iowa said...

I'm glad to hear you are playing in the paint...I know that's where you find your 'happy place'...
My Love to Ya...
Barb C.